The land upon which the center stands was the home of Andrew and Mary Pansini, parents of Reverend F. David Pansini, C.M., a Vincentian priest and a board member of the Doheny Foundation since 1968. Reverend Pansini’s parents struggled to keep the land over several years and promised to give it to the church if they were ever able to own it “in the clear.” Reverend Pansini recalls pumping their own water and doing without power or gas. In the early fifties they began donating the land to the Congregation of the mission also known as the Vincentian fathers brothers for use as a high school seminary. Initially the students and staff lived in the old family home. Later, Mrs. Estelle Doheny built the classrooms and dormitory as well as the chapel the seminary operated from 1954 until 1968 and then closed. renovations continue to convert this facility to the Evangelization and Retreat center operating today. the center hosts spanish and english events, engaged encounter weekends, school and parish retreat weekends, cursillos, evening of reflection and many programs that cultivate Ministry formation. De Paul Center also serves as the headquarters for the Vincentian father and brothers, Province of the West.